Student Registration & Transfers

Welcome to the Vernon School District! Updated information for the 2023 School Year.

New registrations are accepted by appointment. Please visit your contact your catchment area school to book an appointment.

Transfers (within the district for current SD22 students) are requested at your current school, more information below.

Transfer requests for families new to the district are completed at the catchment school, more information below.

Out of district requests are accepted at all schools, see information below.

Registration Process:

  1. Enter your primary address into our School Locator to determine your catchment school.
  2. Complete the School Registration form. Please ensure both parents/guardians sign when possible.
  3. Contact your catchment school to complete the process. (see notes below)

Documents for Registering a new student:

  • Child’s birth certificate
  • Parent’s proof of Canadian Citizenship (Canadian passport, citizenship card, permanent resident card, work visa, study permit, birth certificate)
  • Child’s Personal Health Number (BC Services Card)

Parent/Guardian must provide TWO pieces of proof of residency. Acceptable documents are:

  • BC Government issue ID, i.e.: Driver’s licence, BCID, BC Services Card (please note that ID can only be used as one proof of residency)
  • Utility bill
  • Rental insurance
  • Property tax notice/assessment
  • Property purchase agreement
  • Bank statement
  • Credit card statement
  • Government document (MSP bill, notice of assessment)

Transfer process:

New to the district transfer requests are initiated at the catchment school.

Transfer requests for current students are initiated at the current school. Transfers requested due to a move to a new catchment must be supported by proof of residence and both parent/guardian signatures.

  1. Complete the PR 9-11-0 Student Placement 2022 (transfer form) with both parent/guardian signatures and registration forms if you are new to the district. 

The Vernon Secondary family of schools (VSS, Hillview, Silver Star and BX) are closed to out of catchment transfers.

Interested in Programs of Choice or Academies? 

Programs of Choice Information

Academies Information 

Requests for transfers to French Immersion and Montessori must be completed at the catchment school.

Out of District Requests:

Families that do not live within the boundaries of School District No. 22 may register at the school of their choice and include the ‘Out of District Request’ form with their registration package. Seats will be allocated based on space. Out of District request form