Good Afternoon OKL families. We are seeing many signs of the holiday season around us and we know that our students are getting excited about this time of year. We are also aware that this is not always an easy time of year for many of our families. With this in mind, our school is undertaking the following community-minded activities:
· We are collecting toys for Santa’s anonymous
· We are collecting warm clothing for Warm for the holidays
· We are collecting food for hampers for our needy families – this includes turkeys and hams, potatoes, onions, as well as non-perishable food items
In addition, our PAC has undertaken a number of fundraisers to raise money for activities and items for our students. Thank-you to everyone for your support.
· Please check your child’s backpack if you ordered gift cards. They were sent home today.
· Nicholas Alexander and Helmut’s orders will be ready for pick-up on Friday, December 3 from the outside gym door (near the portable).
Our Performing Arts teachers are working on a holiday production which will be filmed viewed by the school on December 15.
As you all know, children 5-11 years of age can now be vaccinated. School District 22 encourages all families to sign up their children for vaccinations in the community. There are no plans for a vaccination clinic at the school so you will need to utilize the local clinics.
On the Horizon:
December 7 6:30 PAC Meeting (in-person)
13 mid-year progress report
15 Virtual Christmas Concert
16 Red, Green, White, Gold day
Virtual Christmas Concert
Warm for the Heart items
17 PJ Day
Last day before the holidays