The registration period for the 2022 school year is January 17 – February 15, 2022.
Welcome to the Vernon School District! Updated information for the 2022 School Year.
Transfers (within the district for current SD22 students) are requested at your current school, more information below.
Transfer requests for families new to the district are completed at the catchment school, more information below.
Out of district requests are accepted at all schools, see information below.
1. Enter your primary address into our School Locator to determine your catchment school. Click Here for school locator.
2. Contact your catchment school to complete the registration process.
3. If Kalamalka Secondary is your catchment School please complete the School Registration form. Click Here for Kal registration package
4. Contact Kalamalka Secondary school to complete the process. Email email@example.com or call 250-545-1396
5. See notes below for required documentation.
Documents for Registering a new student:
Child’s birth certificate
** NEW** Parent’s proof of Canadian Citizenship (Canadian passport, citizenship card, birth certificate)
Child’s Personal Health Number (BC Services Card)
Parent/Guardian must provide TWO pieces of proof of residency. Acceptable documents are:
BC Government issue ID (Driver’s license, BCID, BC Services Card)
Property tax notice/assessment
Property purchase agreement
credit card statement
Government document (MSP bill, notice of assessment)
**A signature from both parents is required on the registration document**
New to the district transfer requests are initiated at the catchment school.
Transfer requests for current students are initiated at the current school. Transfers requested due to a move to a new catchment must be supported by proof of residence and both parent/guardian signatures.
Complete the PR 9-11-0 Student Placement 2022 (transfer form) click Here for form. Both parent/guardian signatures are required, and registration forms if you are new to the district.
The Vernon Secondary family of schools (VSS, Hillview, Silver Star and BX) as well as Coldstream Elementary are closed to out of catchment transfers.