Registrations are to be completed at your catchment school. Transfers are to be completed at your current school (with the exception of choice programs).
- Enter your primary address into our School Locator to determine your catchment school.
- Complete the School Registration form
- Contact your catchment school to complete the process. (see notes below)
*Due to COVID-19 protocols, schools will be accepting registrations and transfer requests by appointment only.
Documents for Registering a new student:
- Child’s birth certificate
- Parent’s proof of Canadian Citizenship (Canadian passport, citizenship card, birth certificate)
- Child’s Personal Health Number (BC Services Card)
Parent/Guardian must provide TWO pieces of proof of residency. Acceptable documents are:
- BC Government issue ID (Driver’s licence, BCID, BC Services Card)
- Utility bill
- Rental insurance
- Property tax notice/assessment
- Property purchase agreement
- Bank statement
- Credit card statement
- Government document (MSP bill, a notice of assessment)
Transfer requests are initiated at the current school. Please note that the form requires proof of residence and both parent/guardian signatures.
- Complete the PR 9-11-0 Student Placement 2021 (transfer form)
- Call the main office to schedule an appointment to drop the transfer/registration form. 250-545-1348
The Vernon Secondary family of schools (VSS, Hillview, Silver Star and BX), as well as Coldstream Elementary, are closed to out-of-catchment transfers.
Interested in District (Choice) Programs?
Families must request a registration appointment and complete the registration process at the school which houses the district program. A lottery process is used to determine the registration priority order for entry into French Immersion (Beairsto Elementary), Gr. 6 Late French Immersion (Harwood Elementary) and Montessori (Silver Star Elementary).
SD22 Programs of Choice Lottery Parent FAQs
For more information on specific programs or the registration process, please contact the board office at 250 542-3331.
Out of District request form